About Undergraduate and Diploma programmes
The Faculty since inception in 1989 has grown in terms of programmes offered and subsequently students’ numbers at undergraduate, post graduate and diploma levels.
Realizing a need for a holistic health care and mindful of shortage of health specialties required to provide a comprehensive health care package, the Faculty of Medicine in addition to medicine introduced the following other programmes.
Undergraduate and Diploma programs
• Bachelor Nursing Science – started in 2000
• Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science started- in 2000
• Bachelor of Pharmacy- in 2004
• Bachelor of Physiotherapy- in 2012
• Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences- in 2012
• Diploma in Counseling -in 2000
• Advanced Diploma in Health Systems Management- in 2000
• Diploma in HIV, Prevention and Care- in 2009